Jesus the bringer of peace -grant me your peace.
Jesus the healer - may your healing make me whole.
Jesus so full of love - may you flood my heart with love for you and for others. Amen.
Holy Father, grant me, in all my duties your help;
in all my perplexities your guidance;
in all my dangers your protection;
in all my sorrows your peace;
through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.
Jesus the Healer, I long for you to make me whole.
Take from me those attitudes which I know to be harmful
Assure me of your forgiveness for any wrong thing in the past;
Help me to be open to the loving power of your Holy Spirit;
Fill me with that loving power, that I might be made whole;
Thank you Lord, Amen.
Almighty God, to whom our needs are known before we ask,
Help us to ask only what accords with your will;
And those good things which we dare not, or in our blindness cannot ask,
Grant us for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Lord, make us instruments of your peace
- Where there is hatred, let us bring love.
- Where there is injury, let us bring pardon.
- Where there is doubt, let us bring faith.
- Where there is despair, let us bring hope.
- Where there is sadness, let us bring joy.
- Where there is darkness, let us bring light.
- O Divine Master, let us seek not so much to be comforted as to comfort,
- To be understood as to understand,
- To be loved as to love:
For it is only in giving that we receive,
- In forgetting ourselves that we find,
- In pardoning that we are pardoned,
- In dying that we rise to eternal life;
Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Sunday 30 November 2014 | 11.00
Revd Martin Turner
'Advent - A time for giving'
Matthew 6:2-4; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
Sunday 30 November 2014 | 15.30
Saying Goodbye Service
'Saying Goodbye' services are organised by The Mariposa Trust for anyone who has lost a baby at any stage of pregnancy, at birth or in infancy, and whether recently or 80 years ago. These services are held throughout the UK and one is coming to London very soon.
Methodist Central Hall, Westminster, is privileged to host the regional 'Saying Goodbye’ service for London on Sunday 30th November 2014 at 3.30pm and The Revd's Martin Turner and Tony Miles will be leading the service.
All are welcome regardless of faith, or no faith, for an opportunity to remember and acknowledge lives unlived or cut short.
More information can be found at www.sayinggoodbye.org
Sunday 30 November 2014 | 18.30
Reflective Holy Communion
Revd Tony Miles
'Watching, Waiting and Wondering'
Isaiah 64:1-9; Mark 13:24-37